Dress for Success Montréal respects the privacy of all donors. We believe in safeguarding personal information and ensuring that donor privacy is protected. Your name, address and any other personal data provided will only be used by Dress for Success Montréal to keep you informed of our ongoing activities including our programs, special events, and funding needs. If at any time you choose not to receive these communications, you may contact us at either:
- or -
and we will gladly remove your name from our mailing list.
Donors' personal contact information will not be sold, shared, or traded with other organizations unless Dress for Success Montréal receives express written permission from the donor. To review personal information collected and/or request changes, please contact us.
Electronic Personal Records
Donor information is maintained in a secured database, and only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes.
Authorized Release of Information
Dress for Success Montréal may be legally required to disclose information on occasion, in compliance with all applicable legal requirements and standards.
The Donor Bill of Rights
Dress for Success Montréal declares that all donors have the following rights:
1. To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities.
3. To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
6. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with mconfidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
9. To be assured that personal contact information obtained by Dress for Success Montréal will not be sold, shared or traded with other non-profit organizations.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.